RN/RPN - Acute Psychiatry
This RN/RPN Opportunity is a great fit for someone who is looking develop their practice in a supportive and clinically challenging environment. You will be able to work on various adult inpatient units at St. Paul’s Hospital as well as some of our tertiary mental health sites in Vancouver. If you are passionate about building therapeutic nursing relationships with our patients and developing your nursing practice this is a great program to be a part of!
Reporting to the Operations Leader, the Staff Nurse, assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs. The Staff Nurse works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC/CRPNBC Standards of Practice and consistent with the mission, vision and values and established protocols of Providence Health Care.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or, in Residential Care and Mental Health a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Completion of the Basic Cardiac Life Support Course, Level C.
- One year recent experience in general/community psychiatry or one year recent medical/surgical experience in psychiatric nursing.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a member in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to teach
- Ability to provide clinical directions
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to pursue a Critical Care Certificate through the BCIT Critical Care Program. Upon successful completion of the program, you will work in the Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) at St. Paul’s Hospital. Please see schedule below: …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Long Term Care
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Healthcare Management
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical