Resident and Rehabilitation Care Attendant
We are currently recruiting for a temporary part-time RCA at St. Vincent’s: Langara. Shifts are rotating and include the hours 1500-2100 and 1600-2000. If you are a registered RCA who has experience and a passion for working with the geriatric client group in a long term care setting, please read more about the opportunity and follow the application instructions. Fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin is considered an asset.
SummaryReporting to an Operations Leader and receiving work direction from a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse, performs personal care duties for Residents or Rehabilitation Patients related to hygiene and grooming, eating, mobilization and other activities of daily living to enhance independence of Residents/Rehabilitation Patients, support participation in daily life and ensure a safe environment. Work is based on the mission, vision and values of Providence Health Care and established guidelines.
EducationGrade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Resident Care Attendant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
External candidates must be registered with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry http://www.cachwr.bc.ca/
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered for this position, please follow the instructions below and complete the required steps:
1. Click HERE to download the application form and complete the required questions
2. Save your resume and application responses in ONE word document (the system doesn’t allow multiple documents)
3. Create your profile online
4. Upload the completed document with your resume and application to this posting after creating your profile online
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We have an exciting full time permanent position that has recently opened up at Sechelt’s Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
Angela White, St. Paul's Hospital Volunteer