Registered Nurse Gastrointestinal (GI) Clinic
We are seeking casual Registered Nurses to support our Gastrointestinal (GI) Clinic located at St. Paul’s Hospital. The GI Clinic provides endoscopic procedures on an outpatient, inpatient, and emergency basis. Approximately 9,000 standard and specialized procedures are performed yearly, including Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) (looking at the gallbladder, pancreas and liver), colonoscopies, and endoscopies are performed in the clinic each year. If you have at least two years of experience in either endoscopy, the operating room, emergency room, or on surgical unit, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Operations Leader, the Staff Nurse, assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs. The Staff Nurse works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC/CRPNBC Standards of Practice and consistent with the mission, vision and values and established protocols of Providence Health Care.
Education, Training and Experience:
Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or, in Residential Care and Mental Health a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia. Completion of the Basic Cardiac Life Support Course, Level C. IV skills and 2 years recent medical or surgical experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a member in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to teach
- Ability to provide clinical directions
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are seeking casual Registered Nurses to work in the Post Anaesthesia Recovery Unit located at St. Paul’s Hospital. If you have completed a post-graduate critical care course and have experience working in a surgical setting, ICU, or Cardiac ICU, please read more about this opportunity. …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse