Registered Nurse - Emergency
St. Paul’s Emergency Department specializes in complex and multiple diagnosis, surgery and medicine cases including but not limited to neurology/stroke management, gastroenterology, respiratory, renal, cardiovascular, and mental health/substance use patients. Providence is passionate about the growth and development of our clinicians, you will get hands-on training to work in various areas of the Emergency Department like triage and trauma to diversify your nursing practice. If you want to hone your skills as an Emergency Nurse in treating all patients efficiently and effectively this is the place to do it!
Reporting to the Operations Leader, the Staff Nurse, assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs using an established framework for nursing practice. Develops, implements, evaluates and revises the plan of care. Incorporates individual and/or group teaching into the care plan and nursing interventions and/or makes referrals to other identified resources. Supports other nurses and health care professionals by collegially sharing information and demonstrating procedures. The Staff Nurse works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC/CRPNBC Standards of Practice and consistent with the mission, vision and values and established protocols of Providence Health Care.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or, in Residential Care and Mental Health a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Two years’ recent experience working in a tertiary care emergency department and/or two years’ recent medical/surgical experience with an approved post-basic emergency nursing specialty program.
Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures appropriate for the area of service.
- Ability to work as a member in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to role model conflict resolution strategies.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to teach and identify patient/resident learning needs.
- Ability to lead patient/family group sessions.
- Ability to provide clinical direction.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This Casual Care Aide position will be based at the following sites: 1. Mount Saint Joseph Hospital Geriatric Psychiatry Inpatient Unit 2. Parkview at Youville Residence 3. Alder at St. Vincent’s Hospital Langara
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
Ken, cardiac patient