This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced project manager with strong measurement/analytical skills. We are looking for a project manager/analyst for this role who is passionate about managing large scale, province-wide projects, and has experience in complex stakeholder engagement and in analyzing and translating data into information to improve experiences and clinical outcomes for patients and their families across the healthcare system. The British Columbia Office of Patient-Centred Measurement, based at Providence Health Care, implements scientifically rigorous measurement in alignment with the strategic priorities of BC’s Ministry of Health and seven health organizations. The PCMO is responsible for ensuring patients and family caregivers have a voice in assessing the quality and safety of our healthcare and services in BC.
SummaryReporting to the Provincial Executive Director, Patient-Centred Performance Measurement, the Project Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating the planning implementation and evaluation of multiple, large-scale sector survey project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Assigned projects are provincial in scope, involving all six Health Authorities and the British Columbia Ministry of Health Services. The Project Manager works collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication and addressing potential barriers to success. Communicates with all levels of staff and management across the province to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information. The position liaises with sector representatives from every Health Authority and the British Columbia Ministry of Health Services, consultants, other health care entities and other external agencies, as needed. The Project Manager develops sustainable education and operational plans, evaluates outcomes and acts as a resource for staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach staff on these skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large, high profile development and implementation projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey research methodology.
- Ability to gain extensive knowledge of sectors defined as priorities for coordinating province-wide surveys.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and residential settings.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment involving physician and inter-professional communities.
- Master’s Degree in a health care discipline or Business Administration and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience that includes:
- managing large-scale projects, facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current registration with appropriate licensing body.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This Clinical Nurse Educator role supports the Acute Psychiatry Program at St. Paul’s Hospital. You will provide clinical support and resources to our front line nurses in the program to ensure best practice and patient/family centered care is provided to our clients.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
Ken, cardiac patient