You are hereHome // Project Manager, Technology Systems Implementation (The New St. Paul's Project) - Nurse Call
Project Manager, Technology Systems Implementation (The New St. Paul's Project) - Nurse Call
Working alongside the clinicians and the construction company, this Project Manager will lead the end to end system implementation from design, device placement, programming, integration, testing, training, go-live, support and handover to operations. This acute hospital system is significantly workflow dependent and there is complex integration to multiple other hospital systems (e.g. Wireless Staff Communication, Duress, RTLS, Fire alarm, etc.). Our preferred candidate has direct experience implementing a new nurse call system in an acute hospital facility within BC or across Canada and/or an upgrade of a nurse call system for multiple departments. If you are looking to be part of this historic build for the province, and want to work with a dynamic team focused on making the new St. Paul’s the most digitally enhanced hospital in B.C. Apply today!
SummaryThe Project Manager, Technology Systems Implementation is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design, and technology system implementation of complex projects for the New St. Paul’s Hospital (NSP) including project, planning, project management, communications, and contract management. The role also has responsibility for the integration of planning and design with the IMIT and clinical business models to ensure that the delivery of health services meet the NSP goals and objectives. This position supervises assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors, and consultants to ensure accountability, communication, and performance.
- Knowledge of technology systems capital project planning and implementation processes, including design, construction and procurement within new hospital facility construction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering high value projects (>$1M) on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to interpret construction drawings and construction specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning, design and construction technology system projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups including feedback and detailed analysis on project processes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead and inspire staff, and build a team environment that fosters trust and respect.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise team members and provide direction to other staff, and consultants and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, organize, prioritize and implement projects in a timely manner in a dynamic project environment with changing priorities.
- Possesses business acumen and analytical skills to anticipate financial and business requirements and ensure effective use of resources.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, customer relations, communication and facilitation skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
EducationA level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by formal training in project management or relevant discipline, plus seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related progressively responsible experience in implementing technology systems from business cases to specification development and implementation of large and/or complex technology system capital projects including experience in:
- implementing technology systems in an existing healthcare environment or within a new facility; and
- project management, supervision, and facilitating and managing consultation processes with stakeholder groups.
Project Management Professional Designation or in progress would be considered an asset.
Duties1. Manages the planning and implementation of technology system projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion; provides support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines.
2. Establishes project team structure by gathering input from stakeholders, identifying needs and skills required; directs and supervises assigned staff by assigning work, orientating staff, developing and implementing appropriate staff development and retention plans; conducts performance evaluations as required.
3. Establishes effective communications channels to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of project status; provides frequent clear and concise reports regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
4. Carries out project plans according to established Providence Health Care project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components by facilitating consensus with stakeholders. Monitors project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks; reports on variances and impacts to deliverables, and makes recommendations to NSP Project leadership to mitigate cost overruns, maintain adherence to allocated budgets and timelines, and ensure delivery of a successful project.
5. Leads business plan development for projects through the preparation of feasibility studies and/or technical analysis and solution development, development of the project charter, functional requirements, scope and design concepts, budgets and implementation planning.
6. Applies technical systems expertise to advise and assist senior management in achieving its vision and strategic direction through the development of supporting documentation and artifacts for submission to the Government.
7. Collaborates with operational stakeholders to align and integrate the IMIT and clinical business model with the facility design including working together to determine the staff complement needed to support and optimize the delivery of patient care and services.
8. Monitors all planning and project activities to identify areas of overlap, conflict, and coordination, and liaises with site and other staff to identify, recommend and implement management strategies. Engages, collaborates with, and provides work direction to consultants, IMIT, operational staff and construction contractors to ensure strong and effective communication between on-site work groups.
9. Reviews and signs off schematic designs, design development documents, and working drawings and specs for technology systems functionality, attainment of program/facility needs, adherence to technical standards and specifications, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the design solution, consistency with best practices, IMIT sustainability, and building code compliance. Leads and/or facilitates all stages of technology system project implementation during construction and operational commissioning.
10. Leads the engagement of professional consultants and contractors with support from Procurement; manages established contracts and oversees performance to ensure that consultants and contractors complete on obligations and deliverables; negotiates changes and resolves disputes within authorized limits.
11. Establishes and maintains a network of relationships and influence to promote NSP interests and issues and to influence decision making affecting project outcomes with internal groups/departments. Monitors adherence to established quality control/risk management protocols. Identifies, communicates, and works with appropriate stakeholders to mitigate potential risk management issues. Manages ongoing customer relations. Ensures NSP interests are represented in resolution of problems.
12. Updates department knowledge of current and emerging technology systems design within new facility construction and innovations through evidence-based design concepts; uses design and construction research in the development and updating of design and construction standards and guidelines. Develops and coordinates facilities planning practices principles, standards and policy through application of evidence-based best practice and LEAN principles.
13. Responsible for monitoring approved project budgets and reporting variances.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to pursue a Critical Care Certificate through the BCIT Critical Care Program. Upon successful completion of the program, you will work in the Cardiac ICU at St. Paul’s Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Long Term Care
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Healthcare Management
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical