Medical Staff Regional Department Head Administrative Assistant
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Leader, Medical Affairs or designate, and receiving work direction from the Head of the Regional (PHC/VCH) Department of Family Medicine, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of confidential administrative and secretarial support functions and coordinates daily office activities for the physician leader. Provides a significant amount of administrative support for designated events and activities such as conferences and seminars. Uses a variety of software applications to produce reports, maintain databases and develop presentation materials. Schedules and coordinates meetings, distributes agendas, takes minutes and follows up as necessary. Processes and disseminates information including confidential medical-legal, labor relations, and disciplinary correspondence. Responds to inquiries from internal and external sources as appropriate. Supports the preparation of financial and statistical documentation. Performs clerical duties such as processing mail, filing, faxing and answering inquiries by phone or email. Works with other administrative and clerical staff to ensure coverage in designated areas and/or to assist with priority projects.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple complex and competing priorities.
- Ability to develop, interpret, apply and communicate administrative policies, procedures and practices.
- Ability to provide administrative support in the planning, organizing and coordination of meetings, events, and seminars.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keyboard at 50 WPM.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop solutions.
- Working knowledge of basic record keeping and bookkeeping/accounting procedures and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), related databases and Internet. Knowledge and use of MS Visio and web publishing software would be an asset.
- Ability to use related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Education:High School Diploma, completion of a recognized secretarial program and three (3) to five (5) years recent related experience supporting management staff, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We have some exciting Medical Records Clerk (Clerk 3) positions that have recently been posted to help support Chilliwack General Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
PHC Medical Care Team Member