Medical Registration Clerk (Clerk IV)
We have exciting casual Medical Registration Positions available at Richmond Hospital. If you currently reside or are willing to commute to Richmond,have a strong clerical and customer service background, high attention to detail and have completed your Medical Office Assistant or Hospital Support Specialist Certification or Health Information Management Diploma, we want to hear from you! You must be available to work nights, days, evenings and weekends and be available to work on an on call basis with no guaranteed shifts!
HIM offers casual employees a variety of work location opportunities at various locations across B.C. This vacancy is strictly for individuals interested in working on a casual basis The medical registration Department.
Please only apply to the geographical region that the posting is for and if you can commute to the area on a regular basis. If you are shortlisted a Recruitment representative will be in touch with you to discuss opportunities.
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Registers patients (including inpatients, outpatients, ambulatory care patients and emergency patients) in the computerized admission/discharge/transfer system. Processes preadmissions, admissions, and discharges. Identifies and provides available bed options to appropriate clinical staff as requested
Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Education And Experience
Grade 12 and two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Please Only Apply If You Meet The Following Criteria:
- You are a graduate from an medical office assistant, hospital support specialist program or health information management diploma
- Have knowledge of medical terminology
- You have 2 years recent experience working in registration or in an equivalent role
- You have 2 years’ experience in an administrative and customer service role with medical terminology knowledge
To be considered for this position please follows the instructions below and complete the required steps:
1. Click HERE To Download The Application Form And Complete The Required Questions
2. Save your resume and application responses in one word document (the system doesn’t allow multiple documents)
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Do you have your Class 4 (unrestricted) license?…
Featured Job Categories
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse