Manager Records Management and Registration
Health Information Management (HIM) Provides Services For Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) And Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). HIM Is A Leader In The Collection, Storage, And Use Of Patient Information Within British Columbia. Providence Health Care Is The Lead Organization For HIM, And Employs Over 1,350 HIM Staff Across Metro Vancouver, The Fraser Valley, The Sea-To-Sky Corridor, The Sunshine Coast And The Regional Cancer Centres (Victoria, Kelowna, Prince George, Abbotsford, Surrey, Vancouver).
Within the context of a client and family centred model of care and, in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Manager, Records Management & Registration 2 is responsible for overseeing the full-scale (24/7) day-to-day operational requirements of specified HIM Services at designated site(s) of greater operational size and complexity within the Organizations (i.e., FH, VCH, PHC, PHSA). Supervises a large number of staff for the assigned site(s) which includes making determinations on selection decisions, establishing performance expectations, conducting performance evaluations and resolving disciplinary matters. Manages human, financial and material resources for the larger sites and engages in short and long-term resource planning. Oversees operating budget including ensuring the site(s) operates within assigned budget. Provides feedback into operating and capital budget process by reviewing operations and bringing forward issues and ideas for changes required to budgets. Develops and implements policies and procedures in accordance with organizational and legislative requirements in collaboration with the Regional Manager and other members of the HIM management team. Participates in the development of HIM goals and objectives. Liaises with medical and nursing staff, and various other stakeholders at all levels as well as external agencies to communicate policies and procedures. Strives to enhance service delivery, leads quality assurance activities and fosters partnerships with user departments.
Education, Training and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Information Management or other related field plus six (6) or more years’ recent, related experience in a large, complex health information management environment including three (3) years’ supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of health records management and registration systems, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills to ensure a working environment that supports effective service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of user needs to develop solutions, achieve targets and ensure user needs are met.
- Strong interpersonal and dispute-resolution skills to effectively deal with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address complex and diverse systems, which could have a significant impact on patient/client care.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing at various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop quality improvement programs.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work and that of others in a large-scale complex or multiple site environment with 24/7 operations.
- Ability to supervise a large number of staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work and that of others.
- Ability to operate related equipment, including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
St. Paul’s Emergency Department specializes in complex and multiple diagnosis, surgery and medicine cases including but not limited to neurology/stroke management, gastroenterology, respiratory, renal, cardiovascular, and mental health/substance use patients.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Long Term Care
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Healthcare Management
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical
Providence Health Care President and CEO Dianne Doyle