SummaryReporting to the Research Coordinator and Observational Research Manager, the Interviewer operates as a member of a multidisciplinary, collaborative research team. The Interviewer recruits and prescreens potential study participants, conducts structured interviews of eligible research participants enrolled in various research studies; and assists in data collection, data cleansing, and data entry resulting from interviews. The Interviewer also performs outreach activities and connects people with community services as required.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management / crisis resolution skills.
- Organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Familiarity with Metro Vancouver (for Outreach) and community services related to addictions, mental health, and homelessness in the Downtown Eastside and Downtown South. Knowledge of services for youth an asset.
- Demonstrated computer skills including experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and proficiency with data entry.
- Excellent time management and data entry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates professional judgment when supporting participants and referring to appropriate services.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care, social services or social sciences preferred.
- Two years’ experience in frontline services. Preference for experience in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
- Experience working with marginalized populations, such as people with substance use disorders, mental health issues, and unstable housing.
- Experience with semi structured or structured interviewing techniques.
- Research experience or training is an asset.
- Current CPR and naloxone administration training an asset.
- Recruits potential participants, provides information and answers questions about research studies.
- Prescreens potential research subjects in person according to study protocols and enrolls eligible participants.
- Conducts quantitative structured interviews with eligible participants and performs outreach for follow up interviews.
- Conducts outreach and interviews off site at community services and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g. drop-in centres, shelters, non-profit residences, private SROs, health care facilities, public spaces in inner city setting) using approved transportation options.
- Adheres to informed consent procedures and ethical guidelines for research involving human subjects.
- Reviews questionnaires for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensures policies and procedures for data management are followed and all documents are entered and filed as required by ethical guidelines.
- Responsible for processing participant honoraria, including paying participant and recording honoraria for daily float reconciliation.
- Transports blood samples to St. Paul’s Hospital for HIV/HCV and STI testing as needed.
- Participates in knowledge translation presentations to community organizations as needed.
- Assists with training staff on data collection protocols as needed.
- Refers participants to appropriate services and/or provides initial support when required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are currently looking for casual RCAs to work at our various residential care sites including: Mount Saint Joseph Hospital, Holy Family Hospital, St. Vincent’s Langara, Brock Fahrni, and Youville Residence. Casual hours range from days, evenings, and nights.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
Ken, cardiac patient