SummaryReporting to the Research Coordinator and Observational Research Manager, the Interviewer operates as a member of a multidisciplinary, collaborative research team. The Interviewer recruits and prescreens potential study participants, conducts structured interviews of eligible research participants enrolled in various research studies; and assists in data collection, data cleansing, and data entry resulting from interviews. The Interviewer also performs outreach activities and connects people with community services as required.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict management / crisis resolution skills.
- Organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Familiarity with Metro Vancouver (for Outreach) and community services related to addictions, mental health, and homelessness in the Downtown Eastside and Downtown South. Knowledge of services for youth an asset.
- Demonstrated computer skills including experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and proficiency with data entry.
- Excellent time management and data entry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates professional judgment when supporting participants and referring to appropriate services.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care, social services or social sciences preferred.
- Two years’ experience in frontline services. Preference for experience in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
- Experience working with marginalized populations, such as people with substance use disorders, mental health issues, and unstable housing.
- Experience with semi structured or structured interviewing techniques.
- Research experience or training is an asset.
- Current CPR and naloxone administration training an asset.
- Recruits potential participants, provides information and answers questions about research studies.
- Prescreens potential research subjects in person according to study protocols and enrolls eligible participants.
- Conducts quantitative structured interviews with eligible participants and performs outreach for follow up interviews.
- Conducts outreach and interviews off site at community services and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g. drop-in centres, shelters, non-profit residences, private SROs, health care facilities, public spaces in inner city setting) using approved transportation options.
- Adheres to informed consent procedures and ethical guidelines for research involving human subjects.
- Reviews questionnaires for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensures policies and procedures for data management are followed and all documents are entered and filed as required by ethical guidelines.
- Responsible for processing participant honoraria, including paying participant and recording honoraria for daily float reconciliation.
- Transports blood samples to St. Paul’s Hospital for HIV/HCV and STI testing as needed.
- Participates in knowledge translation presentations to community organizations as needed.
- Assists with training staff on data collection protocols as needed.
- Refers participants to appropriate services and/or provides initial support when required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We have some exciting Medical Records Clerk (Clerk 3) positions that have recently been posted to help support Abbotsford Hospital, BC Cancer Agency Abbotsford, Delta Hospital, JP Outpatient Surrey,Langley Memorial Hospital, Peace Arch and Surrey Memorial Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse