Director Learning and Organizational Change
Within the context of a client and family centred model of care and, in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Providence Health Care, the person promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors and staff.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources and General Counsel, the Director, Learning and Organizational Change provides expert council and leadership in achieving the organization’s strategic and operational directions. They work in partnership with key areas of PHC to develop and support a positive culture and the practices of a learning organization.
The Director oversees the Learning and Organizational Change Team. This team has responsibility for leadership development programs, team development, engagement, coaching, facilitation and support of critical organizational change and improvement initiatives.
The incumbent is a corporate resource who functions at all levels of the organization, across all programs and services and all sites and is the internal point of contact for learning and organizational change projects for the Senior Leadership Team, program, operational, professional, corporate and support leadership.
The Director plays a key role in collaboration in relevant areas with all Health Authorities across the province.
- Aligns and/or ensures the alignment of learning and organizational change to PHC’s vision, strategic directions, goals and objectives. Leverages internal resources and supports across the organization to enable change success. Supports organizational strategic and tactical direction setting and ensures the congruence of learning and organizational change with these directions.
- Identifies strategies and actively build leadership capacity across the organization.
- Oversees the Learning and Organizational Change Team and the organization’s major learning and organizational change initiatives, including planning for upcoming projects/initiatives, overseeing the assignment of work, and developing processes for measuring Learning and Organizational Change outcomes. Understands and develops contingencies to manage initiative risks to corporate learning and organizational change.
- Leads/supports organizational planning and development activities to develop and/or evaluate regional, provincial and national proposals to create, expand and improve health services.
- Functions as a corporate resource and internal point of contact for learning and organizational change projects for the Senior Leadership Team, Program, Operational, Professional, Corporate and Support Leadership to action organizational strategic and operational priorities.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates corporate change models and methodologies to incorporate best change practices.
- Facilitates strategic planning processes, facilitates development of corporate/ program/team objectives and performance measures.
- Manages contractual relationships with external consultants.
Education, Training and Experience
A Master’s degree in Health or Business Administration, Leadership or Organizational Development or other related Master’s degree, plus seven (7) to ten (10) years of related health care planning/operations experience, supplemented by strong mediation skills and the ability to motivate and influence leaders, physicians and volunteers to embrace and take action on change. Additional training/skills such as strategic planning, communications, human resource management, leadership development, business and finance, quantitative/analytical skills.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We have an exciting temporary full time position that has recently opened up at Children’s and Women’s locate at the Oak Street Campus.…
Featured Job Categories
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse