Cognitive Testing Interviewer
This position will report to the Project Coordinator for the Mental Health and Substance Use Patient Survey. We are looking for someone who is open to casual/part time work on an ongoing basis for the duration of the project (3-6 months). There will be flexible hours and scheduling that are dependent on the availability of the interview participants.
Questions must be clear, understandable and interpreted in the way that was intended. Adjustments to survey questions are made throughout the testing process to improve the quality of the survey items prior to bringing the survey to the field.
Job Summary: The Project Employee will conduct structured one-on-one cognitive interviews with subjects who are representative of the target population(s) for the MHSU Patient Survey. The interviewer will follow a Cognitive Testing Interview Guide.
The interviewer must record responses and report observations to the Project Coordinator in the form of written and oral reports.Responsibilities:
- Attend 1-day mandatory training session (April/May)- Conduct in-person or phone one-on-one interviews with subjects in a manner that is consistent with the guiding principles of the BC OPCM, which means:
o Providing a safe and engaging environment for the participants to respond to survey questions and probing questions provided by interviewerso Accurately documenting responses from participants to survey questions and transcribing their comments
o Following the Cognitive Testing Interview Guide appropriately- Report (in written and oral form) observations made during each cognitive interview to Project Coordinator, including recommendations for question revisions when applicable
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; students in the following programs would also be considered: Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, or other related health disciplines.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in English; ability to speak other languages may be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
** A second language would be considered an asset
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to pursue a High Acuity Certificate through the BCIT High Acuity Program. Upon successful completion of the program, you will work in the High Acuity Unit at St. Paul’s Hospital. Please see schedule below: BCIT High Acuity Program.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Long Term Care
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Healthcare Management
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical