Clinical Nurse Leader - Emergency
Reporting to the Operations Leader, coordinates the day to day operations of a designated nursing unit and supervises staff. Acts as a clinical resource to nursing staff and interdisciplinary team members in the provision of direct care to patients/residents. Assists the Operations Leader in assessing clinical development needs/interests of staff, and with orientation and educational programs. Assists in the promotion of research and quality improvement initiatives within the program team.
Registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant, qualifications required of staff nurse in clinical area, plus three years of recent related experience in clinical specialty, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to supervise.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures appropriate for the area of service.
- Ability to deal with and promote change.
- Ability to role model conflict resolution strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to teach, coach, and provide clinical supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of a interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to match skills of staff with clinical needs.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This position is based at Parkview, within Youville Residence.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse