Clinic Support Worker - Crosstown
Crosstown Clinic is the only Clinic in North America to offer medical-grade heroin (diacetylmorphine) and the legal analgesic hydromorphone within a supervised clinical setting to chronic substance use patients. Located at West Hastings and Abbott, Crosstown’s interdisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and addictions counsellors work collaboratively to provide respectful, non-judgemental, and diversified care. If you are passionate about creating opportunities for care and advocacy to improve the lives of our clients experiencing complex health and social challenges this is the place for you!
SummaryReporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Community Support Worker is responsible for providing assistance to clients and staff involved in a study/treatment in a mental health/addictions clinic setting by performing duties such as observing, monitoring and reporting changes in behaviour or physical status, providing security requirements for the site and performing clerical functions such as scheduling and registering clients, reception, maintaining related databases and ordering and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Knowledge of addiction/drug abuse and harm reduction.
- Ability to handle and diffuse conflict.
- Grade 12, completion of Community Support Worker or Mental Health Worker Certificate plus two years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of certificates in C.P.R. and First Aid.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
The Rapid Access Addiction Clinic (RAAC) is a short-term outpatient clinic designed to provide consultation and stabilization for clients with substance use disorders. Based out of St.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse