Clinic Support Assistant (MOA)
The Inner City Youth Program delivers a health experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, psychosocial rehab supports, peer support, and recreational activities. Based out of the Granville Youth Health Centre on Granville Street between Davie and Drake, the centre welcomes walk-ins on weekdays. If you are excited about empowering youth to create stability, restoring their sense of self and belonging, and guiding them on a path to thrive this opportunity is perfect for you!
SummaryReporting to the Operations Leader, Inner City Youth Program (ICYP), the Medical Office Assistant performs a variety of administrative, secretarial and general clerical duties such as screening and prioritizing incoming correspondence, maintaining appointment calendars for designated staff, and assists the Clinic in the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures.
In this role you will also act as reception, and receive and process intake referrals, answer routine inquiries, and book appointments. Process a variety of reports, forms, and correspondence using standard word-processing, spreadsheet and presentation software; maintain client charts and filing systems, and monitors and orders office and clinic supplies, and cleans and sterilizes medical equipment as required.
We’re looking for someone who has worked in a fast-paced environment handling changing priorities and can think on their feet!
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office and community clinic management. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment and proven word processing skills, ability to create and work with spreadsheets, Microsoft Office documents and clinical databases.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Business writing skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients/patients, other service providers and the general public.
- Ability to explain clinical contracts, clinic procedures and regulations, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to problem-solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise the maintenance of complex clinical records and to prepare statistics/narrative reports from the records.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to participate in meetings.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Knowledge of nursing equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Grade 12, medical office assistant course from a recognized institution plus three (3) years’ recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We are looking for a casual to cover vacation and sick for our Gift Shop Manager throughout the year. If you are interested, please apply below.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse