Program Support Assistant (MOA)
Crosstown Clinic is the only Clinic in North America to offer medical-grade heroin (diacetylmorphine) and the legal analgesic hydromorphone within a supervised clinical setting to chronic substance use patients. Located at West Hastings and Abbott, Crosstown’s interdisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and addictions counsellors work collaboratively to provide respectful, non-judgemental, and diversified care. If you are passionate about creating opportunities for care and advocacy to improve the lives of our clients experiencing complex health and social challenges this is the place for you!
SummaryReporting to the Clinic Supervisor or designate, the Program Support Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of administrative, general clerical and other related duties in the operation of the Clinic. Duties include screening and prioritizing incoming correspondence, maintaining appointment calendars for designated staff, booking and scheduling client appointments, handling clinic reception, inputting client information and maintaining related databases, assisting the Clinic in the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures, coordinating routine building maintenance and security requirements, ordering equipment and supplies and records management and timekeeping.
- Ability to operate related equipment and proven word processing skills, ability to create and work with spreadsheets, Microsoft Office documents and clinical databases.
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
- Business writing skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office and community clinic management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, other service providers and the general public.
- Ability to explain clinical contracts, clinic procedures and regulations, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multi-task, to problem-solve, to take initiative, to anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions, to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to supervise the maintenance of complex clinical records and to prepare statistics/narrative reports from the records.
- Ability to assist staff with Oracle database related issues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to participate in meetings.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to deal with and direct members of the building trades/maintenance, to direct repairs and provide recommendations on renovations/upgrades/repairs
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Grade 12, supplemented with standard commercial and related computer courses
- Medical office assistant course from a recognized institution, plus three (3) years’ recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We have casual LPN positions that have recently opened up at Mount Saint Joseph Hospital.…
Featured Job Categories
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse