SummaryReporting to the Operations Leader and working under the clinical direction of the Cardiology Supervisor or designate, performs Electrocardiogram (ECG) testing including tilt table and stress testing, stress echos, holter monitoring and related procedures such as scanning, analyzing and selecting portions of the test strips and summarizing for interpretation by physicians. Obtains medical history of patient and explains test procedures. Evaluates test results and provides test information to medical staff for interpretation. Ensures equipment is functioning and supply inventory is sustained to appropriate levels. Performs related duties such as booking patient appointments, maintaining billing records and keeping statistics as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current relevant testing techniques, methods and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and deal effectively with patients/residents, families, staff and other health care providers both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize issues and workload, and complete assigned work.
- Ability to demonstrate and explain procedures to other employees and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to operate equipment, including computerized systems.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in health care.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Completion of a recognized Cardiology Technology Program at the Diploma level, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT) Certified.
- Completion of the Basic Cardiac Life Support Course.
- Certificate prepared candidates will be considered as per the MOU.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We have an exciting casual medical referral clerk position that has recently opened to help support the BC Cancer Agency located in beautiful Victoria.…
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
Ken, cardiac patient