BI/ETL Developer- Analyst
We have an exciting Temporary Full time ETL Developer position (1 year, with possibilities to extend) at Howe Street, Vancouver, BC. Who can apply: If you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science plus related experience with ETL, Microsoft BI tools (SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS), Power BI, advanced T-SQL and analyzing business requirements or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Salary Range: $62,720 (minimum) - $78,400 (midpoint) - $90,160 (maximum)
SummaryReporting to the Manager, HIM Business Solutions, the BI Developer-Analyst acts as a key interface between HIM Senior Leaders and Operational Managers to determine HIM business solution requirements. The BI Developer-Analyst is responsible for creating reporting and analytical application solutions to support effective use of business intelligence data by HIM business professionals and other key stakeholders. This role supports the HIM Data Management Program: the process involved in creating, extracting, cleansing, transforming, sharing, protecting, documenting and preserving data. He/she also acts as a liaison to and develops strong, working relationships with the Information Management, Information Technology (IM/IT) departments at all the Organizations and works in conjunction with them, to resolve systems issues and coordinate activities. The position requires extensive liaison with the HIM Senior Leaders and other levels of management as well as access to detailed and confidential information of all types (clinical, financial, payroll, etc.).
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field plus a minimum of three (3) years of recent, related experience with data modeling, ETL, Microsoft BI tools (SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS), advanced T-SQL (Microsoft Transact SQL) and analyzing business requirements or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Significant recent experience with coordinating and documenting the change management process for complex information systems. Experience as a business analyst and project management required. Strong relationship management and intrapersonal communication skills. SharePoint experience is an asset.
Roles And Responsibilities:
- Liaises with HIM Senior Leaders and Operational Managers to determine business solutions requirements including understanding inefficiencies in existing business applications and future business needs. Gathers and documents requirements, analyzes and reviews with Business Solutions team members and/or other stakeholders and recommends solution(s).
- In consultation with the ETL Developer-Architect, provides input into the logical design and development of HIM Data Mart data models to be used for reporting and information delivery.
- Participates in the HIM data mart development lifecycle including: planning, development, testing, migration and production support development activities.
- Design, develop and support all extraction and integration processes (ETL)
- Performs technical analysis and prepares and implements recommended ETL design approach.
- Prepares and validates end to end business logic and mappings.
- Develops, tests, documents and implements proposed business solutions (e.g., reports and dashboards).
- Responds to ad-hoc, on-demand and scheduled business user information requests as they relate to services and support provided by the business groups.
- Produces and maintains core HIM management reports, departmental dashboards and related management tools.
- Adapts ETL processes as necessary to accommodate changes in source systems and target business user requirements.
- Maintains and administers HIM Performance Indicators data and reports.
- Supports and maintains migration of data to HIM data mart from source systems.
- Develops, maintains and schedules ETL data flows/workflows/jobs, and provides daily support of these processes once implemented.
- Works with business users to validate rules regarding data integrity and data quality as it relates to the impact on business needs.
- Debugs, monitors and troubleshoots business solutions to resolve production issues.
- Liaises with other IT Development and Operations departments to clarify and build applications that meet business unit objectives.
- Administers security settings and access to the HIM data mart and related systems.
- Supports all business users with the use of HIM data mart tools and in deployment activities such as user acceptance testing, user training, product demos and product evaluation.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to HIM Data Analysts and/or other staff as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills And Abilities:
- • A demonstrated knowledge of moving data across multiple platforms using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS (2017) and dashboard design using visualization tool such as Power BI.
• 3+ years writing T-SQL.
• 3+ years programming experience (C#, VB.net, Java, etc.)
• Effectively work in an ETL framework driven environment.
• Strong understanding of HIM business processes and transactional systems within the HIM business domain.
• Ability to understand and prioritize user and business requirements, and to conceptualize information processing solutions in response to them, including analyze, scope and define work effort required to correct program deficiencies and problems.
• Strong background in data architecture, data quality, data mapping, and data structures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of OLAP technologies and dimensional modeling.
• Proven ability to interpret data files and record layouts to map fields between multiple systems and database tables.
• Strong understanding of database and business intelligence concepts.
• Proven ability to prepare, maintain and publish ETL documentation, including source-to-target mappings and business-driven transformation rules.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards.
• Demonstrated Project Management experience.
• Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects.
• Ability to work to independently, meeting deadlines under pressure, with minimal supervision and frequent interruptions.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas/processes in simple terminology to internal and external stakeholders, including all levels of management.
• Strong team player with a client/user orientation.
• Ability to teach, coach and mentor others.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
Foundry Granville delivers a health experience for youth from ages 12 to 24 by providing access to primary care, mental health and substance use services, psychosocial rehab supports, peer support, and recreational activities. …
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre On Substance Use - BCCSU
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
Chuck, Cheryl's husband