This Administrative Assistant opportunity supports the Director of Quality Improvement, Accreditation, and Information Management. The ideal candidate for this role is excited about supporting a diverse team, is able to prioritize and problem-solve, and have experience working with leaders in a fast-paced environment.
Within The Context Of A Patient, Client And Family Centred Model Of Care And, In Accordance With The Mission, Vision And Values, And Strategic Directions Of Providence Health Care, Promotes A Safe, Respectful, And Civil Working Environment For Patients, Residents, Families, Visitors And Staff.
Reporting to the Operations Leaders or designate(s), the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of confidential administrative and clerical support functions and coordinates daily office activities for various operational areas. Uses a variety of software applications to produce reports, maintain databases and develop presentation materials. Schedules and coordinates meetings, distributes agendas, takes minutes and follows up as necessary. Processes and disseminates information including medical-legal, labor relations, and disciplinary correspondence. Supports the preparation of financial and statistical documentation. Performs clerical duties such as processing mail, filing, faxing and answering inquiries by phone or email.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple complex and competing priorities.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keyboard at 50 WPM.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop solutions.
- Working knowledge of basic record keeping and bookkeeping/accounting procedures and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), related databases and Internet. MS Visio would be an asset.
- Ability to use related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
EducationHigh School Diploma, completion of a recognized secretarial program and three (3) to five (5) years recent related experience supporting management staff, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
This Clinical Nurse Leader position will manage clinical operations for our Eating Disorders Inpatient Unit 4NW at St. Paul’s Hospital.
Featured Job Categories
- BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Educational Opportunities for Nurses
- Long Term Care
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Healthcare Management
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Operating Room Nurse
- The New St. Paul's Project
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
- Healthcare Administrative and Clerical