This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Administrative Assistant with strong multitasking skills! The role is based at our corporate office in Downtown Vancouver where you will be supporting multiple managers in Risk Management and Patient Relations. If you’re a master at managing busy calendars, have a positive attitude and spectacular customer service this is the role for you!
SummaryReporting to the Operations Leaders or designate(s), the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of confidential administrative and clerical support functions and coordinates daily office activities for various operational areas. Uses a variety of software applications to produce reports, maintain databases and develop presentation materials. Schedules and coordinates meetings, distributes agendas, takes minutes and follows up as necessary. Processes and disseminates information including medical-legal, labor relations, and disciplinary correspondence. Supports the preparation of financial and statistical documentation. Performs clerical duties such as processing mail, filing, faxing and answering inquiries by phone or email.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple complex and competing priorities.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keyboard at 50 WPM.
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop solutions.
- Working knowledge of basic record keeping and bookkeeping/accounting procedures and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using a variety of computerized software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), related databases and Internet. MS Visio would be an asset.
- Ability to use related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
EducationHigh School Diploma, completion of a recognized secretarial program and three (3) to five (5) years recent related experience supporting management staff, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Employees of Providence Health Care receive an excellent and comprehensive health benefit package, as per their collective agreement or terms and conditions of employment.
*Other benefit packages may apply if this is an affiliate posting.
We have just posted an exciting Project Coordinator Home Enteral and Home Parenteral Provincial Program role to help support our Home Parental Nutrition program.…
Featured Job Categories
- Foundry - BC Integrated Youth Services Initiative (BC-IYSI)
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical and Systems Transformations (CST)
- Critical Care Nurse
- Emergency Nurse
- Geriatric Nurse
- Health Care Analyst
- Health Information Management
- Heart Centre
- Leaders and Corporate Services
- Maternity/NICU Nurse
- Mental Health
- Operating Room Nurse
- PHC Redevelopment
- Registered Nurse
- Rehabilitation Professionals
- Renal Nurse
Ken, cardiac patient