Patient and Family Partners
Become our Partner in Care – volunteer as a Patient and Family Partner.
Providence Health Care is now recruiting Patient and Family Partner volunteers to join with our leaders, staff and physicians to make the care and service we provide to patients, residents and their families even better. Your presence and perspective will help to shift the care experience to a more patient and family centred approach.
- Excited about serving as an advisor and partner to help make key decisions?
- Able to share insights and information about your own health care experiences?
- Interested in how policies, programs, documents or projects will affect patients and their families?
- Eager to help us improve healthcare?
- Willing to devote at least three hours per month participating in different ways such as meetings, email, workshops?
If so, we’d like to invite you to become a Patient and Family Partner at Providence Health Care!
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Your role as a Patient and Family Partner would be to bring not just your own experience but the general experience of a patient/family member to regular committee meetings. You would need to be comfortable speaking about your health care experiences – what was good, and what could have been done differently. Ideally we will have people with a variety of backgrounds, ages and experiences represented on our committees.
Attendance and participation at regular meetings.
Volunteers will have a screening interview and will need to sign a confidentiality agreement.
TO BECOME A PATIENT AND FAMILY PARTNER:
Please contact Kate McNamee.
Dianne Doyle, President & CEO, and Geoff Plant, Chair, PHC Board of Directors