Patient and Family Partners
Have you ever been a patient, resident or client at a Providence Health Care site? Become our Partner in Care – volunteer as a Patient and Family Partner.
Providence Health Care is now recruiting Patient and Family Partner volunteers to join with our leaders, staff and physicians to make the care and service we provide to patients, residents and their families even better. Your presence and perspective will help to shift the care experience to a more patient and family centred approach.
Have you been a patient or resident or family member at any of our sites and are you:
- Excited about serving as an advisor and partner to help make key decisions?
- Able to share insights and information about your own health care experiences?
- Interested in how policies, programs, documents or projects will affect patients and their families?
- Eager to help us improve healthcare?
- Willing to devote at least three hours per month participating in different ways such as meetings, email, workshops?
If so, we’d like to invite you to become a Patient and Family Partner at Providence Health Care!
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
We are looking for people who personally have had or have a family member who has had an experience at any of our sites in the last three years. You would need to be comfortable speaking about your experience – what was good, and what could have been done differently. Ideally we will have people with a variety of backgrounds, ages and experiences represented on our committees. Current Providence Health Care employees are not eligible.
Attendance and participation at regular meetings.
Volunteers will have a screening interview, will need to sign a confidentiality agreement as well as complete a criminal reference check.
TO BECOME A PATIENT AND FAMILY PARTNER:
Please contact Kate McNamee.