President and Chief Executive Officer
Fiona Dalton became President and Chief Executive Officer of Providence Health Care on April 23, 2018.
She took over from Dianne Doyle, who retired after 12 years as CEO and 42 years with the organization.
Ms. Dalton brings 23 years of health care experience to Providence. Most recently, she was the CEO of University Hospital Southampton NHS (National Health Service) Foundation Trust in the United Kingdom. This renowned academic health sciences centre has 10,000 employees and an annual budget of over £680 million, or about $1.2 billion Cdn.
During her tenure there, Ms. Dalton’s accomplishments included:
- developing and launching a new values-based organizational vision;
- being nationally recognized for improving quality and safety;
- improving hospital performance and patient outcomes;
- enhancing research performance;
- leading successful staff health and well-being strategies;
- focusing on quality improvement, innovation and digital services; and
- delivering a successful capital program, improving and expanding facilities for patient care, research and education, with academic, commercial and charitable partners.
She holds a BA Honours in Human Sciences from Queen’s College, Oxford University. She received an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Science by the University of Southampton in 2017.
She has served as the Chief Operating Officer and Interim CEO of the Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust; Executive Director of Strategy and Business Development at Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust; and Divisional Director, Responsible for Surgery, Cancer, Critical Care, Neurosciences, Theatres & Anaesthetics, at Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust.
Ms. Dalton’s experience, her emphasis on people, collaboration and organizational culture, her commitment to performance excellence, and her focus on staff/physician engagement and patient involvement will support Providence in its future challenges and transformative work as it continues to provide compassionate health care to all British Columbians.
“I am excited to join an organization with such a great reputation for values-driven, compassionate and innovative health care.”
- Who We Are
- Who We Serve
- Renewal Projects
- Providence News
- Events + Classes
Providence in the Park Volunteer